DAY 7 - Christmas Count Down - Headless Turn Out Hood
The Headless Turn Out Hood from Snuggy Hoods is perfect for all those wanting to keep their horse as clean as possible and protect the mane without covering the face. It covers neck, chest, shoulders & withers and can be used both in the field and stable - rain, shine or snow under any stable or turn out rug.
- Helps to Prevent Mane Loss - Our NO. 1 BEST SELLER for winter mane protection! To avoid winter mane rubbing and subsequently mane loss we recommend to use the Headless Turn Out Hood all Winter WITHOUT high or full neck rugs as much as possible. We suggest to only use rugs with necks on very wet or very cold days - the Headless Turn Out Hood is more than adequate protection for your horse or pony otherwise.
- Use in the Stable or Field - Suitable to be used in the stable to keep clean, warm and dry and prevent stable stains aswel as in the field to protect from the elements and stop mud.
- Weatherproof, Mudproof & Windproof - Let the hood take the brunt of the mud. These hoods are easily machine washed, wash at 40 degrees with detergent and a good dollop of fabric softener weekly and this will help to keep everything fresh, clean and grease free. The hoods are shower proof, if your horse is out in heavy rain then moisture may seep through the fabric... although the horse will still remain protected from the elements and will still be nice and warm if you stick your hand up inside the hood. As soon as the weather dries out - the hood will dry out quickly with the horses body temperature.
- Silky Mane & Shoulder Lining - This soft and silky lining helps the hood to glide across the hair without causing friction. A spray of mane & tail or show sheen is also another customer tip to helping everything remain static free and silky soft.
- Additional Length in Neck - These hoods are cut to have additional length in the neck. This helps to avoid any pressure along the top of the mane. You will notice lots of wrinkles of fabric along the neck, this extra fabric is taken up when the head is down and grazing.
- Optional Zip - Available in either a pull on or zipped version, the zip provides a wide opening to pass over the head first before fitting into place and zipping up. If you have a horse who will not allow anything passed over the head then there is the option to have an alteration to make the hood open fronted (additional cost of £25).